Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Greek Lady is Back!

Over the weekend, I carved orange jack o'lanterns with Sabrina, Leslie, Lisa, Lauren and Melissa. If you didn't read their recaps, you should - it was such a fun afternoon.



I have plenty of my own pictures, but haven't had a chance to get mine up because I've spent the past few days getting the house ready for my sister-in-law to come visit this weekend.

By "getting the house ready," you need to understand that what I REALLY mean is "while we have three bedrooms, we only use one of them and our 'guest room' has nothing in it at all besides a lamp and an ironing board." Buying a bedroom set for the guest room has not been particularly high on our priority list, because...well...there are just a whole lot of other things to spend your cash on, you know?

But then PhillyGuy was like "oh, she can just sleep on the couch downstairs." And I was HORRIFIED. We are quasi-grown-ups, you know? I will not have my poor SIL crashing on our couch like we're still living in a one-bedroom apartment, while the ironing board gets its very own room. It was just the kick in the butt that I needed to get that room put together.

And that's what I've been doing. Putting things together. Monday afternoon I did the world's fastest solo Ikea trip - not only did I manage to get a bed, mattress, two shelves and assorted shelf basket-drawer-things in less than an hour, I managed to load everything into the car BY MYSELF. In the RAIN.

And then Sophie helped me open the boxes so I could put the shelves together.



Wasn't that nice of her?

Before PhillyGuy and I tackled the gargantuan task of building the bed, we ordered from our absolute favorite delivery place ever.



GREEK LADY! They were closed all summer for renovations, so this is the first time I've been able to have my favorite ginormous greek salad in several months.



This thing is HUGE. I can only finish about half of it. I shared the leftover chicken (probably 6 ounces, at least) with the dogs. I also discovered that Cosmo loves anchovies on pita bread. Good boy. I'm with you.

Even though it's been hard work and more than a little time-consuming, I'm SO glad that this room is getting done. I'll have pictures once it's really together. In the meantime, I haven't been to the gym since Saturday and I'm starting to get a little stir-crazy. Definitely looking forward to a quick & dirty run tonight before I get back to cleaning the rest of the house.

Anyone around this weekend who wants to run the Art Museum loop with me? I need about 8-9 miles.

2 comments:

  1. ikea in under an hour? you are super woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got an 8 miler on schedule for Saturday morning and I'm looking for a running buddy. Is it creepy if I volunteer since I never actually met you? I promise I'm not an axe murderer! You can e-mail me at claudia (dot) setubal (at) gmail.com if you're up for it!

    ReplyDelete