Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Day

I went to bed last night crossing my fingers and hoping that when I woke up, the forecasted 10+ inches of snow would have fallen, my office would be closed and my pretrial conference would be cancelled, so that I could have a cozy day in my sweatpants on my couch.

I woke up at 6:57 - WAY late, since my alarm goes off at 6:02. (My alarm was still going off, which means that both me and PhillyGuy slept straight through it for 55 freakin' minutes.) I went straight downstairs to collect Sophie from her house and to check my phone.

SUCCESS! I went back to sleep for a good hour and a half. So did my dogs. My husband barely stirred in the first place.

When I took the pups out for their morning constitutional, the snow removal people had already been hard at work for hours.


Cosmo doesn't like the snow that much, but Sophie LOVES it. She's part terrier and loves to dig, and this heavy snow was perfect for it.


So pretty.









I've actually been surprisingly productive from my spot on the couch today. Cosmo's curled up next to me snoozing, and Sophie's been napping on the top step. PhillyGuy's meeting out in Harrisburg was cancelled, so he's been home with me, and I think we're going to take advantage of being housebound by doing P90X yoga, which I love but never feel like I have the full 95+ minutes to do.

I'm also itching to run, so I might venture out to the gym and do a quick couple miles on the treadmill if my knee cooperates.

Hope you're all staying warm!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that your Pre-Trial conf. was cancelled and you were able to enjoy a much deserved day at home.

    Oh - and btw - the pulled pork recipe does work with loin. The recipe called for shoulder, but I used pork loin. Will have to edit the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that snow is gorgeous! I'm jealous!

    We didn't get any snow down here, and the weather has been surprisingly warm, but I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete