Tuesday, May 22, 2012

So That's Interesting

I haven't run in a long time.

I mean, a LONG time.  I plugged my Garmin in tonight and saw this:



Last recorded workout was March 17, 2011.  Last one before that was the Philly half from 2010.  Uh, yeah.

I whipped out the Garmin because I decided to run to the Art Museum steps, where my friends at Trap Door Athletics were hosting a "flash mob" workout.  The run there was easy - except for the part where there was a train on the tracks blocking my access to the Schuykill River path at Locust Street, so I had to run up and down the Walnut Street stairs...boooooooo.  Even with the detour up the stairs, I averaged an 8:39 pace there.

At the museum, we did a ten-minute AMRAP of stair runs, air squats and pushups.  I felt those 200lb back squats...HARD.  I squeezed in five rounds, then watched some strongass people do Grace (30 clean & jerks for time) with 60lb sandbags and took plenty of awkward pictures...



SEE??

...before flipping the Garmin back on and running the 1.6ish miles home.  My run home was much slower, since my legs were REALLY tired, but even so:




That's an average pace of 8:51.  And I haven't run outside in WELL over a year, and I haven't run at all  pretty much since I joined CFCC.  That doesn't really suck, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment