Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm Not Growing Up, I'm Just Burning Out

I saw my favoritefavoriteFAVORITE band ever on Tuesday night.

I love Green Day. They've been my favorite band ever since 1993 or so. They've gotten me through some tough times and some great times.



I'm emotionally tied to it all, and seeing them is always a crazy nostalgic experience for me. Every album (and really, every song) is tied to a different period in my life. I can't hear anything from American Idiot without being transported back to my very first semester of law school, and all of the insane and overwhelming feelings that came with it. "Nice Guys Finish Last" is one of the songs I played during the Bar Olympics back in 2002 or 2003, when I took 2nd place flipping bottles around and pretending to be Tom Cruise.



(I think they're on stage here, and I'm jumping and screaming and trying not to spill my vat of beer.)

I played "Waiting" pretty much on repeat while I was studying for the bar exam and waiting (heh) for my "real life" to begin. Perhaps it goes without saying that "Basket Case" and "Longview" and everything else from Dookie makes me feel like I'm still in seventh grade at a dance in my Catholic school's auditorium/gymnasium/cafeteria. And let's not even get into how many songs are on my running playlists. There is no better song for that (awfulAWFUL) kick at the end of a 5K than "Playtpus" (to be quite frank, this song expresses pretty perfectly how I feel about running 5Ks, actually).

The other highlight of my week has been this.



Dark chocolate. Bacon. Possibly my two favorite foods. Combined. I'm dead. Dead dead dead dead.

I haven't worked out this week yet. But I will. I swear.

1 comment:

  1. Green day is excellent for getting through law school. I've never been to a concert myself actually (which drives my bf crazy)! I've never heard their waiting song before. Going to find it on itunes now! Very very scared about taking the bar in two years, for now it's on to 2L year horrors! But, while being a newbie runner too!

    ReplyDelete