Monday, March 8, 2010

Gorgeous Monday!

I'm determined that this is going to be a good week.

The weather this morning was absolutely gorgeous -- sunny and mild -- and my walk to work was relaxing. I have an appointment with the sports medicine guy tomorrow morning. The soreness from Saturday's run is completely gone. I am the proud owner of a new Burberry quilted jacket -- but in a color I can't seem to find online. It's a bright peony-ish pink shade, and I flipping love it.

I bought it as a sort of consolation prize, in part from last week's drama and in part from the fact that PhillyGuy and I are really, really dumb. You see, our current car is leased, and the lease is up at the end of the month. Before we can return it, we need to buy a new car -- otherwise, um, we'd be stuck at the car dealership with nowhere to go.

So this weekend was supposed to be car-buying-weekend. We're not sure what we want, except that we'd like a small SUV. So, we'd planned to hit up about 4 dealerships along the Main Line. We got up early on Sunday, I took Sophie to the dog park to make sure she was nice and worn-out for her afternoon at home, and then we set out.

Except, about 100 yards from the entrance to the first dealership, PhillyGuy had a realization. "Um, car dealerships are closed on Sundays, aren't they?"

Ooooooooh. Right. Yes, yes they are. FAIL. So, rather than waste a trip out that way, we went to King of Prussia for lunch. And a new spring coat. Wooooohooooo.

Tonight's plans include some more joint-friendly cardio and a long lifting session -- probably push and legs.

1 comment:

  1. Car dealerships USED to be open on Sundays! At least, they were in CT when I was growing up. I thought they still would be open on Sundays "up North"...they're closed on Sundays here, but we live in the Bible Belt, so...

    ReplyDelete