Saturday, January 16, 2010

Work on a Saturday? No thanks...

I've been in the office for about 50 minutes. I have a list of things I need to get done before the week starts, because my boss has a giant new case for me and I need to get all my little crap out of the way first. I have a post-it note on the wall next to me with my to-do list -- maybe 7 or 8 things on it, and probably 8 or 10 hours total of stuff.

I started one of those things last night around 6 -- something I thought would take like half an hour to do. It's just summarizing some research I already did -- a long time ago, since I was an idiot and didn't save the summary I did the first time around. And my brain just wasn't cooperating. I'd write, read the sentence, realize it was incoherent, delete and rewrite. Wash, rinse, repeat.

So, just after noon, I strolled into my office. One PITA about coming in on a weekend is that the lights in the individual offices don't always work. They're on a master switch somewhere and I just don't care enough to figure out how to turn it on. So, when I came in and flipped my light switch and nothing happened, I knew it was going to be rough.

Now, it's not to say I haven't done ANYTHING. I printed some things. And I searched for something.

But mostly, I've been reading blogs. And all I want to do is take advantage of the warmer weather (it's about 50 out, and sunny) and go for a run. So you know what? It's a three day weekend. I have plenty of time to get this work done. I'm leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment