Wednesday, May 19, 2010

First Half!

So, I did it.

I just registered for the Philadelphia Distance Run...which is apparently now known as the "ING Rock n' Roll Half Marathon - Philadelphia."

This is my first half. Or, well, it will be. Years ago, my friend's mother gave me her bib for the Disney half, but I (wait for it) injured myself during training and did not run it. (Please try to hold back your astonishment.)

I have plenty of time to train and for once in my life, have finally figured out that I don't need to go insane on every single run. And I strongly suspect that if I DON'T go insane on every single run, I might juuuuuust manage not to hurt myself five weeks into training.

If my training looks like it's going well, I think I'm going to go really nuts and register for the November half also.

Not going to lie, I'm a little excited to train. Like, I kind of want to dance around my office. (I probably won't do that. Might somehow affect my chances of making partner.)

So, who is going to run it with me???

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm signed up for it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, me, me! MAybe. Assuming I'm capable of running more than 2 miles without my knee falling off when it comes time to start training.

    ReplyDelete