Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I am a Disgrace

OK, seriously. I got up to grab something off of the printer this morning, and when I came back into my office, I caught a look at my desk.



This is really bad. And kind of embarassing. How do I work like this?

I wonder if my horrendously messy desk contributes to my occasional feelings of "OMGWTFHOWAMIEVERGONNAGETTHISDONE." I mean, I know where everything is. And sometimes, I just need forty different documents splayed out all over. But maybe, just maybe, it doesn't need to be QUITE this much of a paper explosion.

Hmm.

Know what, though? After today, I just have TWO MORE DAYS until I'm off for an entire freakin' week.

We're not going anywhere. PhillyGuy and I kicked around the idea of going to Vegas or Key West or maybe the shore, but the more I thought about it, the more overwhelmed I was with even the idea of going somewhere.

"But...we'd have to PACK OUR CLOTHES...and then when you get back you need to UNPACK THEM."

Not even kidding. It made me want to cry. When the idea of vacation even seems like too much of a hassle, I think it's a clear sign you need some downtime, yes?

So I'm blowing out of this paper explosion and not lookin' back for a whole week. I can wake up when I want (well, within reason -- the dogs sort of like it when they can go outside in the morning). I can work out when I want. I can take a random day and drive down the shore if I so desire. I can make breakfast! Take walks! OMG...TAKE NAPS.

Yup. Paradise.

I just need to get through the next couple of days -- and maybe clean up this desk while I'm at it.

2 comments:

  1. That does sound like paradise. You should see my office partner's desk. I try not to look at it b/c I am one of those people who cannot STAND paper all over the place or really anything out of place on my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could ever take more than a day off work without going somewhere, haha...but I'm with you on the packing and unpacking! I packed for our recent cruise the night before we left...and I'm STILL not done unpacking, even though we've been back since Sunday evening! oops.

    ReplyDelete