Monday, May 3, 2010

Pre-Recap-Recap

More detail coming later. In short -- I did NOT die, although there were a few times where I was certain that I was going to, moreso in the first half of the race.

I came in at a whopping 17 minutes slower than my previous Broad Street time -- but considering (1) the 67% humidity (no, really), and (2) my complete lack of training, I am incredibly happy with that. It would have been a much slower time if I didn't have Stephanie to run with and keep me going!

The lululemon Run:Swiftly tank was an absolute lifesaver. It's like running shirtless while still being clothed. Also, props to SPIbelt for allowing my to keep my cell phone with me and avoid the gear check completely.

I'm a little sunburnt and a little sore today, but all in all, I feel remarkably good. I love Broad Street!

5 comments:

  1. Haha glad to hear you didn't die! I'm looking forward to a full recap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your recap - it sounds so much like mine minus the spibelt and plus the lululemon run:speed short!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as though the humidity was no match for you - congrats on completing the race!

    Liz - lululemon athletica online community

    ReplyDelete
  4. mannnn I need a top like that for summer runs here in SC! but $52 I do not have right now, blah.

    ReplyDelete