Thursday, May 20, 2010

Oh, Yoga

It has been a long time since PhillyGuy and I did P90X yoga. For some reason, we manage to skip it almost every week. It's probably been three weeks or a month since we actually did this workout.

And it shows.

I didn't completely lose all of the progress that I had made over the first five weeks, but I was definitely feeling it last night. Tony Horton's particular brand of "haha look how long I can make you hold yourself in a lunge!!!!" yoga is bruuuuuuutal on my poor legs.

I've mentioned before how the first 45 minutes is a tough progression of moving asanas. You spend an awful lot of time moving from runner's pose to a series of Warrior poses which culminate in increasingly more difficult poses -- triangle, right angle, reverse warrior, twisting triangle, blah blah blah. The last series has you start in runner's pose, move into Warrior 3, and then go into a series of variations on killing your quads single-legged poses like half moon, standing splits, and twisting half moon.

So, about twisting half moon. It's SUPPOSED to look something like this:



Usually, when I do it, my back leg is SORT OF up in the air and my standing leg is bent at the knee like crazy. Yesterday, though, I'm pretty sure I looked more like this:



And I was shaking throughout. MAN, that stuff is challenging.

I'm itching to run today. I'm supposed to do legs and back. Maybe I'll do both. I don't know. All I DO know is that the office manager just came around and offered me some Phillies tickets for today. Apparently, a client returned them, so they're up for grabs. Um, it's going to be 80 and sunny today. It's an afternoon game. These are free tickets, AND good seats. WHY CAN I NOT GO???

Gah.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! That stinks. I was going to say "take me with you!!!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I haven't tried twisting half moon yet. I can still only do regular half moon with a block, but I think that's because of my body shape--I have really long legs and a short torso. My arms are probably average (maybe even a little shorter than average) so if I don't use a block I have to bend too much to get my hand to touch the ground, and it throws me off balance. But as long as I have a block I am proudly steady at half moon! haha

    ReplyDelete