Monday, February 15, 2010

Afternoon Run

Time to catch up on a couple days' worth of workouts!

Rewind to Saturday -- I spent most of the day out at King of Prussia, hoping to buy tons of stuff, but in reality, leaving with just one thing:

The Peyton large business tote, in camel -- I got the last one they had in stock! I've been looking for a carry-all for my work stuff for a while now. Something that fits my lunch, a small clutch with the essentials, and some papers, for those nights when I'm bringing home a handful of stuff, but not enough to justify bringing a whole redweld. LOVE HER.

By the time we got back, I had started to get hungry -- but it was only 3:30ish, so PhillyGuy suggested we do the gym first and then focus on dinner.

That night was 20 minutes of intervals (5 minutes at 6.7mph to warm up, 5 intervals of 90 seconds/7.0mph, 30 seconds/8.6mph, 3 minutes at 6.7, 2 minutes walking at 3.8 to cool down) followed by pull:

- Lat pulldowns, 3x8 at 75lbs
- Single-arm row, 3x8 with two resistance bands looped around one of the machines
- Dumbbell bicep curls, 3x8 with 20lb dumbbells
- Preacher curls, 3x8 at 42.5lbs
- Planks (aka the devil), 3x45seconds

We followed that sweat-fest the best way possible: with takeout from Pietro's. When we lived closer to Rittenhouse, we probably went to Pietro's once a week, at least. Despite all of those visits, I hadn't tried the pizza, ever -- so I ordered one with fresh mozzarella, mushrooms and roasted peppers. And enjoyed every. Freakin'. Bite.

Today the office was closed. I had a few things to do, but not too much, so I took advantage of the late start and started the day by taking Sophie for a walk to get a latte, then enjoying breakfast (peach Chobani, granola, blueberries and 1/2 a banana) on the couch while watching Saved by the Bell (Valentine's Day clip episode!).

I did about 4 hours of work, some of it over lunch at Marathon (matzoh ball soup -- PERFECT day for it), and then high-tailed it home to take advantage of my open afternoon to get outside for a run. It was probably 35 degrees or so -- I wore a tank top underneath a fleecy tech hoodie and my favorite Lulu Lemon cropped tights, and it was perfect. I dropped my stuff at the gym first before heading out -- I took it slow and ran along 24th to the Schuylhill River trail, looped around the Art Museum and headed back for a total of 3.91 miles.

According to the Garmin:

Mile 1: 9:47
Mile 2: 9:39
Mile 3: 9:35
.91: 8:57
Total: 37:59

GOD, did that ever feel good. Didn't go for distance or time -- just wanted to get out there, you know?

Headed back into the gym for push:

- Chest press, 3x8 at 70lbs
- Tricep dips on bench, 3x8 with body weight, straight legs
- Shoulder press, 3x8 at 45lbs
- Bent over lateral raise, 3x8 with 10lb dumbbells
- Straight bar tricep pushdowns, 3x8 at 45lbs

Now I'm hanging out deciding what to have for dinner. Sophie's extra-quiet, staring at me from the top step -- probably wondering the same thing. My big plans for the evening involve watching House and doing our taxes. Don't be too jealous!

1 comment: