Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sorry for being MIA

It was a really ridic week at work, and Friday in particular was just one of those OMG-so-nuts-I-can't-stop-to-breathe-let-alone-blog.

We got 27 inches of snow here in Philly today. One great thing about living in the city is that being snowed in doesn't necessarily MEAN you're actually stuck inside. PhillyGuy and I had no problem taking Sophie out to the dog park this morning, where she blazed little trails through the drifts of snow, and even stopped for coffee and last-minute groceries on the way home.

From Winter Storm December 2009


(That picture is actually from the LAST storm -- I didn't bring my camera this morning. But, I assure you, the scene is identical. Except now, she has the same coat in pink.)

I spent a bunch of the day making sauce, and took plenty of pics for the blog -- which I will post tomorrow. I'm signed up to make baked ziti for our superbowl party...and not some healthy approximation, either. Well, I'm using whole wheat pasta, since it's what I had on hand -- but don't tell anyone, OK?

The rest of the day, sadly, I spent working and doing laundry. Despite squeezing in a nice 45-minute nap, I'm beat, again, already. So the sauce post will have to wait until tomorrow -- right now, my nice warm bed (and tired-out puppy) is calling my name. Later!

1 comment:

  1. Aww what kind of dog is that?

    I'm okay with whole wheat pasta when it's been served with a red sauce, but when you have it with lighter sauces I think it's a bit too dry...or something. I don't really know how to describe it.

    ReplyDelete