PhillyGuy is in Chicago for business for a couple days this week, which leaves me and Sophie to have a couple girls' nights. She's funny -- last night around 9:15, it occurred to her that "Dad" should have been home by now. With a troubled look on her face, she headed down the stairs to sit on the landing and wait for him to get home. I felt so bad for her...he's not coming, sister.
Yesterday at the gym was 30 minutes of steady-state cardio, followed by push. I knew I planned to run again tonight, so I didn't try to push it too hard last night -- running three days in a row (and four out of five days) is probably pushing my luck right now. Instead, I entertained myself with a scintillating US Weekly (feature: Kardashians, then and now) and did 30 minutes of hill walking, 4mph at inclines ranging from 5.5 to 12%. I was sweaty, but it's not even remotely as fun as running...
Lifting was good. I did:
- bench press, 3x12 at 60lbs
- tricep bench dips, 3x12 with body weight
- shoulder press, 3x12 at 35lbs
- bent over dumbbell reverse flies, 3x12 with two 8-lb dumbbells
- tricep pushdowns with flat bar, 3x12 at 30lbs
- skullcrushers, 3x12 with an 8lb dumbbell -- this was weird, I'm not sure what to use here. Normally I would use an EZ bar, but we don't have one, and the angles of holding a dumbbell are just odd.
I'm having trouble focusing on work today. I don't have a TON to do, but it's enough, and I'm just having one of those mornings where I can't seem to get into the swing of things. Don't you hate that?
Oh well...t-minus eleven hours or so until LOST :)