Friday, February 19, 2010

Of course...

...the same day I signed up for Broad Street, my knee WOULD start acting up again.

Last night, I went to the gym, prepared to do my typical 20-minute treadmill intervals. Ran the first 5 minutes at 6.7, as usual...midway through, stopped for 10-15 seconds to stretch my piriformis and hips, which had been tight since Monday's run. During those next few minutes, I started feeling a little nag just below my right patella -- not the typical pain I've known from my PFS, almost like the beginnings of a shin split, but further up. I pressed on. At the 5-minute mark I increased my speed for the "down" portion of the intervals. Over the next 70 seconds, the pain in my right knee escalated and started feeling more familiar. Then, I started feeling another little nag in my left knee.

I said "F this," got onto the stupid elliptical, and made a mental note to make a doctor's appointment. The hell I am letting this stupid pain go untreated AGAIN. And so I've put in a request and, hopefully, will be able to get back in front of the doctor and start doing physical therapy so I can actually train for and run this race.

Besides, I can't let my $33 go to waste, right?

I had planned to do push last night, but it was one of those nights where every. single. piece of equipment I needed was taken. At the same time. So, I did pull (chest/shoulders/tris) instead. Even though I'd just done those muscles on Monday, I wasn't about to blow everything off, and I didn't have my knee sleeve to do legs.

So, repeat of Monday:

- Chest press, 3x8 at 70lbs
- Tricep dips on bench, 3x8 with body weight, straight legs
- Shoulder press, 3x8 at 45lbs
- Bent over lateral raise, 3x8 with 10lb dumbbells
- Straight bar tricep pushdowns, 3x8 at 45lbs

Thrilling. Tonight is date night for PhillyGuy and I -- we haven't been out to eat in a while, and I'm really looking forward to hitting up Twenty Manning after work. Any fun weekend plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment